Saturday, March 28, 2015

Out of words

“Today I wrote you out of my life. It didn’t end with good bye or one final tear, I just sort of ran out of words. I could no longer fill lines with words describing my broken heart. I could not enunciate the ache I felt in my heart that plagued me each night I went to bed without a call from you and each morning I woke up to no text. My prolonged dramatic poems about how much you meant to me no longer flowed from my heart like a beautiful but tragic symphony. And when I made the effort to picture your smile I saw myself happy without you. And when I went to write your name next to mine it didn’t fit. You know how you can repeat a word so many times that it sounds off so you try to spell it but you’re not sure if you’re spelling it correctly and then suddenly it looks like the wrong word all together? I wasn’t sure. I wasn’t sure if your middle name had one R or two, but I was sure that in my mouth your name tasted bitter and so I spit it out one last time. Today I wrote you out of my life. It didn’t end with a dramatic goodbye or one final tear, I guess I sort of just ran out of words.”

teedaawg (via wnq-writers)

No comments:

Post a Comment