Tuesday, October 12, 2010

God

from http://blog.cjanerun.com/2010/10/in-response.html

"I am a Mormon because I believe in revelation, both revelation from a prophet of God and personal revelation, the kind that feels right in my heart. I believe in what has been revealed, what is now revealed and what will be revealed. Because of revelation, the gospel of Jesus Christ is empowering to me, it calls me up and pushes me beyond. I am a Mormon because it brings light to my life.

I am Mormon not because it provides me all the answers. I don't know why I was infertile for five years and one day I wasn't. I don't know why good things happen to bad people. I don't know why some of us are attracted to the same gender. I don't know why some of us are attracted to both genders. I don't know why we once practiced polygamy and now we do not. I don't know a lot of things, but that is not why I am a Mormon.

I am Mormon because it allows me to seek out truth. And some truths take a lifetime (or beyond) to understand.

I am a Mormon because I believe all that God has revealed to me about me, all that He does now reveal to me about me, and I believe that He will yet reveal many great and important things pertaining to me about me. Like how I can be a better mother, or friend or example of Christ. Like how to love others in a way that they need to be loved. I can never be settled about what any of those things mean, they constantly evolve. And just when I have decided on one certainty it will change. So I have given up on saying anything is definite. Especially my momentary opinions, because they change the most.

And that is why I am Mormon, I believe in the nearness of God and the improbability of the permanent."

No comments:

Post a Comment