Monday, December 3, 2012

Manifesto

I reject the notion that beauty, desirability and worthiness are one size fits all.  I think happy people are the healthiest people.  It's not enough to just look good on the outside.  I want to feel good on the inside too.

I will give my one precious body the respect it deserves.  We've been together a long time, and we've got miles to go.  When my body is strong, I am strong.  When my body feels good, I feel good.  Wherever I go, my body goes too.  When I take care of my body, it takes care of me.

I celebrate the little victories.  From the first pair of running shoes I lace up, to the morning I didn't feel like waking up at 5 a.m. to go the gym, but did it anyway.  These are my personal triumphs, and I think each one deserves a parade.

I believe sweat stains are a badge of honor, and each of my muscles has a story to tell.  I will stop seeing the gym as time wasted working out and start seeing it as time invested in working on me.
I will turn my inertia into my momentum.
 
I will do something with my mind, my body and my life.
I want to improve the world, and I believe that begins by improving me--because when I feel my best, I can be my best.  And when I am my best, anything is possible.
This is my commitment to me.

Found through Lyceum Newsletter

No comments:

Post a Comment