Tuesday, December 31, 2013

I'm Soft

"I'm soft. It's taken me most of my life to realize this. I've tried to be hard, to make my skin sheets of metal, to build an armor that would tell the rest of the world how strong I am despite what I may feel inside. I tried not to care about things, tried no to feel hurt like it was a virus I couldn't let infect me. I've pushed and pushed away too many people and too many emotions but they all seep back in wham I go to sleep at night. I wake up with boys I wouldn't let touch me on my skin, and feelings of anger at the back of my throat. It seeps in and softens me. And I'm realizing I want to be that softness. That earth. I want to feel everything, and let everyone in. Because I've been cold for too long. My New Year's resolution is to be softer, warmer, lighter."

-Misguided Ghosts


No comments:

Post a Comment